Florida Association of LGBT Lawyers & Allies, Inc. (“FALLA”) was founded in 2014 as a joint effort of LGBT attorneys throughout Florida to form a state-wide organization to augment the efforts of various regional LGBT voluntary bar associations.
FALLA provides continuing legal education seminars and presentations as well as social events to help foster and enhance the practice and study of law for LGBT lawyers, law students, judges, paralegals, and legal support services providers, and to stimulate friendships, referral relationships, and professional development for our members and allies in the community.
FALLA’s mission is to actively promote lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender expression equality and the leadership roles of FALLA’s members in the legal profession, judiciary, and community at large. To achieve these goals, FALLA will uphold the highest standard of integrity, honor, and courtesy in the legal profession, promote reform in law, and facilitate the administration of justice.
FALLA is organized and shall be operated exclusively to carry out the following purposes:
- To actively promote lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and gender expression equality and the leadership roles of FALLA’s members in the legal profession, judiciary, and community at large;
- To introduce individuals in the LGBT community to the use of the legal system, including the proper use of forms and procedures when dealing with issues specific to our communities;
- To support, assist, encourage, and promote the legal community in general;
- To collect dues from members for the furtherance of legal interests in the general community; and.
- To engage in such other activities in furtherance and support of the foregoing purposes as are lawful and proper for corporations formed under Florida Statutes, Chapter 617 and Section 501 (c)( 6) of the Internal Revenue Code.
We have a busy year planned ahead and your involvement is integral to our success. Please visit our Membership page for more information and to complete your Membership Application. You are also encouraged to share the Application with others whom you think would be interested.